Recommendations of the Panhellenic Association of Physiotherapists to the citizens
At this stage of the gradual de-escalation of the emergency measures and the gradual recovery, the Panhellenic Association of Physiotherapists recommends to Citizens who are going to visit Physiotherapy Clinics to follow the instructions of the specialists.
The Health Professionals remain committed to the instructions of the specialists and EODY and the citizens should:
• Contact their physiotherapist by phone to schedule an appointment.
• Arrive on time to avoid clutter and overcrowding.
• Wear a protection mask before entering the physiotherapy laboratory, the same applies to the attendant.
• Disinfect their hands, as soon as they enter the area, with the disinfectant available to the Physiotherapist or wear gloves.
• Maintain the prescribed distance (2m) from other patients (if present in the reception or waiting area).
Measures to protect our Clinic from SARS – COV-19:
• Special entrance mat with antiseptic for cleaning shoes.
• Disposable pods, were needed.
• The treatment areas are ventilated, all surfaces are disinfected after treatment and the area is ventilated 15-30 ‘before the next patient
• Machines used in one session are disinfected after each use. When reusable components need to be applied (eg electrodes for electrotherapy), they are used only once and then discarded in a special bin such as all sanitary material in the area.
Obligations of patients:
• Follow personal hygiene measures (hand washing, mask use) for your own protection
• If you are feeling sick, or have even a slight rise in body temperature (tithes or fever), CANCEL your appointment.
• If a member of your family is not feeling well, postpone your appointment for 2-3 days until it is determined what it is.
• If someone of your immediate surrounding gets COVID-19, it is your responsibility to let us know immediately, as this is a healthcare facility.
BY FOLLOWING BASIC RULES, WE PROTECT OURSELVES AND PROTECT OUR FELLOW HUMANS.